Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cake Decorating Class 1: Week 1

Hi there! I just wanted to share a little bit about my first class of cake decorating. First of all, it was a totally new experience for me and I didn't think I would like such a close-quarter class but it turned out pretty cool after introducing myself to my classmates. As you may or may not know, I'm a bit of an introvert in new situations, but it is amusing how I muster enough courage to get out there and introduce myself to people. From that point on, I'm golden. Maybe, I'm not an introvert.

Anyway, my teacher is Ms.Thelma and she is very, very confident that she can make professional cake decorators out of us. I appreciate her confidence that sometimes borders perfectionism. I kinda like that trait in teachers who want nothing but the best results from their students. I look forward to getting better with each attendance.

After plenty of discussion about our class kits and what each utensil is for, Thelma proceeded to tell us more about baking cakes and her little tips and tricks of the trade (Bonus!). Our first task in class was to learn how to prepare our frosting/icing bags and we worked with Tip #21 (Star shape). With some pre-made sugar cookies we were instructed to squeeze out star shaped frosting. I took it another level by covering my entire cookie with cute stars. It looked so cool and I wish I could show you what it looked like, but on the way back home, this is what happened...

It was so pretty.

I was so excited to show my husband my star covered cookie. Well, I made up for it and showed him my new skills. Check out his hand modeling of my cookie.


Sooooo...that's what I have learned so far. I'll be posting what I learned this past week, Class 1: Week 2. I can't wait until we get to learning about fondant and flowers. I'm really looking forward to making the Wilton rose. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment