Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dainty Lemon Cupcakes


Some days are just days when I give into my cravings and go with the flow of life. Today, life gave me lemons and I chose to turn it into what I call, "Dainty Lemon Cupcakes". I just had a lot of heavy things on my mind and it's amazing how a mental battle can take such a toll on you physically. Maybe that's why I turned to these delicious carbs? Maybe.

I call these cupcakes dainty because of the light & softness of the cake and the delicate sweetness of the Lemon Cream Cheese glaze, more like a cute hybrid of frosting and glaze...Fraze...or...Glost. I'll see which word I like best by the end of the day. Maybe I'll ask my husband what he thinks of this new term I came up with. But this glaze is really tasty and it can remain a bit gooey so if you are serving this, you might want to glaze the cupcakes ahead of time and keep them chilled in the fridge before serving. Now that I think of it, this would make a great treat for Afternoon Tea or a Summer Party. Chilled Dainty Lemon Cupcakes. Mmmmmm.

For the cake portion, I went easy and just used Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme boxed cake. Bake according to instructions provided. At the bottom of the instructions there is an option for a lower fat content. Happy Baking!


For the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup of Powdered Sugar
Zest of 1-2 lemons
3-4 tablespoons of fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
extra powdered sugar for thickness
  • Beat cream cheese until smooth, gradually add in powdered sugar.
  • Add zest and juice. Beat until all ingredients are blended. Adjust according to taste and consistency with powdered sugar. I prefer mine less sweet and more zesty creamy. 
  • Take a spoonful of Fraze/Glost and turn those cupcakes into a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment