Monday, January 7, 2013

800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria...Yes Please!


Pizza Margherita with Prosciutto & Anchovies
I have a confession to make. I craved so much carbs this month that I had pizza three evenings in a row! It was AMAZING but would I do it again? Probably not. However, there is a new pizzeria I just might have to visit from time to time when the craving calls. 

My husband is the one who loves pizza and not just any kind of pizza, neapolitan pizza. So since we've moved from DC, we've been looking for that special place we can call "our favorite pizza" spot, or "one of our fave" spots. I have to give him all the credit for venturing out and discovering 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria for us. 

What convinced us to pay a nice visit was reading their About page and watching their Vimeo presentation of who they are and what they do. I would like to confirm that they delivered. 

My husband ordered their Pizza Margherita with added Pepperoni and Prosciutto (below).
I ordered a Pizza Margherita with added Anchovies and Prosciutto. We also ordered a side of Broccolini, which was very delicious with a bit of a char on the chopped greens. I added some balsamic vinaigrette and the rest was history. 


Service was speedy and if you arrive a little earlier than 6pm, there wasn't much of a wait. But even if there was a wait, it was worth the trip. 

My only comment on the food would be that the middle of the pie was a bit soggy. Maybe I'll try a different pizza next time and see if that's a consistent thing. Other than that, I would recommend trying 800 Degrees at least once if you happen to be around UCLA area. Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment