Thursday, March 15, 2012

Purple Potatoes

It was on sale and I couldn't resist. I've seen and tried purple cauliflower before but a purple potato was something else. How cool is that? Now I can freak out my family by making mashed purple potatoes for Sunday dinner. I could make purple french fries, purple potato bread...etc. How fun!

But first, let me start off by making something simple: Breakfast Burrito with Purple Potatoes.

What you will need:
Whole wheat tortilla
Scramble Eggs
Sauteed Sausage, Onions, Bell Peppers and Mushrooms
Peeled, cut, parboiled and sauteed Purple Potatoes
Salsa
Cilantro for garnish
  • Place scrambled eggs and sautéed ingredients on warm tortilla.
  • Spoon salsa over mixture and garnish with cilantro.
  • Wrap burrito and enjoy!


"Purple People Eaters" photo courtesy of Waponi via Flickr Creative Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment