Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween Cupcake Idea: Anisia the Witch



Once upon a time there was a witch named Anisia who owned a needy cat, a crooked hat, a pair of licorice-laced boots, a trusty broomstick, a brewmaster's cauldron and a book of family potions. And that's as far as I've gotten on this story.

It's October and I'm inspired to bake and decorate some really fun cupcakes this month. So here is my first batch of Halloween Cupcake ideas. I was inspired by color or the extremity of them, black and white to be exact. Then I thought of a theme and that's how I came up with the story of my mischievous witch named Anisia. It's always easier when there is a theme/structure to work with.

What you will need:

Pre-made gum paste
Black food coloring gel
Toothpicks
Basic gum paste decorating kit
Small to medium tip paint brushes
Small container of water
Parchment paper for drying models on
Inspiration and Creativity

In order to achieve a pretty decent black model, I mixed toothpick dips of black gel into the gum paste. Mix in black coloring as dark as you can get it. Mold gum paste into desired shape and let harden. Once it's slightly hardened, paint more food coloring gel on the models and let dry on parchment paper. Once dry, place on decorate frosted cupcakes.

Anisia's hat formerly owned by her sister Coriandia.
Licorice-laced boots are the latest craze for young witches.
Given to Anisia from Mama Nola.
A faithful and trusty broomstick...check.
And who can resist her cat who acts like a dog, Zephos?

No comments:

Post a Comment