Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just Thoughts and Songs

Ah the blissful 50s. I really admire some of those women and what they did for their husbands. Don't know how they did it but they did it well. (I was inspired to write this after listening to Ella Fitzgerald's take on the song Wives and Lovers)

I know it's not really ideal or easy for wives nowadays to be the ultimate housewife as in the fifties but some advice from the past can still apply to today. I know I still try to look my best for my husband and put some effort into looking good in the morning and evenings. It is also very much noticed by me when he does the same for me by grooming himself and keeping himself and his surroundings clean.

Speaking of clean, when it comes to being clean I believe the first step is to be organized and having furniture, hangers or just a location to keep your stuff. Just designate a place for that stuff and get into a habit of putting things right where you've assigned them. Pretty soon it'll just be habit to expect your belongings to be in a certain place. Also, having trash cans available in each room is a big help.

When it comes to actually cleaning your home, why not schedule in a day to clean? So on days when you know the house is a mess but you don't feel up to it, you can still feel like you'll be achieving a clean day and you won't get overwhelmed in thought. I know this helps me to just focus on what I can do for the day instead of worry about tomorrow, because you know what? Tomorrow has it's own set of worries, you have Today. Focus and channel your energy into the present.

Well, that's all the advice I have on being a wife today. It's definitely a great learning experience for me and whatever I can share with you I will. Thank you for reading my posts and spending your time with my thoughts. I wish you a great rest of the week! Enjoy some of these songs while you work, cook, play or relax.











No comments:

Post a Comment