Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crustless Broccoli and Ham Quiche


Have you ever whipped up something in the kitchen off the top of your head and much to your surprise the recipe turned out just right? Well, I have. I'm quite delighted and surprised my crustless broccoli and ham quiche turned out the way it did.

I find that quiche is a pretty versatile dish that allows for much customization; kind of like a smart phone or an avatar or just about anything you can think of these days. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I will share with you what I did but I found a great instructional page on About.com on how to make a crustless quiche.

But here is my take on the dish:

4 Eggs
1 cup of thawed frozen Broccoli
1/2 cup of diced deli Ham
1/2 cup of diced Onions
1/2 cup of nonfat Fromage Frais or Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup of nonfat shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cooking spray or 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pie dish or casserole dish with cooking spray on bottom and sides.
  • Heat pan with cooking spray or olive oil. Saute onions, broccoli and ham until onions are slightly tender.
  • Remove from heat and place sauteed mixture into prepared dish.
  • Beat eggs, add some salt and pepper to taste. Mix in fromage frais or Greek yogurt. Add shredded cheese, mix well. Then pour egg mixture onto the sauteed broccoli ham mixture.
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes until eggs are cooked. Let cool for a couple minutes before serving.
For an extra kick enjoy with Tapatio hot sauce!

Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment