Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Adventures In Spreckels Sweets & Treats


We may not have the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes joke shop of Diagon Alley, nor is there a Wonka candy store nearby but there is a sweet-sational shop called Spreckels Sweets & Treats in San Diego. I'm still on this kick of Coronado because I did have a great experience there and I mustn't be greedy of the time I spent at Spreckels enraptured by confectionery delights. This store is only for the young at heart. I take it you are one of them.

Spreckels Sweets & Treats is named after wealthy businessman John D. Spreckels. He was the second owner of the Hotel del Coronado in 1894, hence the store in the hotel and it is a fitting name at that because John's father was named "Sugar King" Claus Spreckels. Claus also a successful businessman and founder of one of the largest American sugar refineries back in his time (maybe even today). Go figure. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

But enough of guessing and rambling, let's get to the good part. Here are my pictures and hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!


Have I fulfilled my daily requirement of sharing decadent pictures? 
I hope so. 
For more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment