Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Star-Shaped Shortcake Biscuits

Today's post is about the biscuit! I know I could easily purchase some angel food cake at the store but I wanted to try and make the base of this delicious dessert myself.

So after much research from different recipes, I put together my take shortcake biscuits. And it turned out quite well. Of course I need more practice on it but I've got to start somewhere!

What you will need:
Adapted from Grandma Kline's Biscuits Supreme For Strawberry Shortcake

2 cups of White All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoon of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
1/2 cup of Salted Butter, cold and diced
2/3 cup of Milk (Reduced Fat)
Star Cookie cutter shape or a Circle or whatever shape you want
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
  • Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar until well blended.
  • Add butter and crumbled the butter and dry ingredients until they are mixed well, like little pebbles.
  • Add milk and form ingredients until it's a soft ball of dough.
  • Flatten dough about 1/3 of an inch thick or less with hands on board/surface. Use cookie cutter and cut out your shape. 
  • Place shapes on lightly greased pan. And bake in oven for about 15-25 minutes. Like I always say, you know your oven best so keep an eye on your biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment