Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pan-Seared Cod with Thai Red Curry


This has been the year of expanding my culinary menu. I don't usually cook fish but when I do I freak out a little because I don't want to mess up this delicate protein. Anyway, I'm slowly overcoming that anxiety and actually enjoying my trip to the seafood counter of my local grocery store. Plus I've been on this ravenous kick for anything fish, whether it's a can of sardines or a bento box of sushi.

So this recipe came out of my hunger for fish and a sliver of time before we had a friend come over for the evening. Be sure to make the red curry first before you work on the cod. Happy Wednesday!

Here's what you will need:

2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1 pound of Cod (makes about 4 to 5 servings), cut in 4-5 oz pieces
1 Green Bell Pepper
3 medium sized Russet Potatoes, diced & parboiled
4 Lime/Kaffir Leaves
1 can of Lite Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon of Palm Sugar or Sugar
1/2 of a cube of Vegetable Bouillon
1-2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Thai Chilies optional
  • For the Thai Red Curry I used my recipe here minus the chicken meat. Instead of using red bell peppers I used green and swapped basil leaves for lime leaves. Added the 1/2 cube of Vegetable Bouillon.
  • In a pan, heat oil. Add salt and pepper to each side of cod. Place cod in pan and sear for about 4-5 minutes each side. To remove excess oil, place cod on paper towel.
  • Place cod on a bed of rice and spoon Thai Red Curry over fish. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment