Monday, March 1, 2010

The Cinema Sentinel: Incarceron




Welcome to this section of my blog that I call The Cinema Sentinel. In this segment I will always try to post film industry news because that's what I enjoy reading. And in my past life you could find me working in the wee hours of the morning as a make up artist, script supervisor, production gopher and if I'm unlucky, the talent/extra.  My husband and I both believe media is such an influential outlet in our society today and will always be.  So that's why we keep ourselves active in our community through full-time and freelance work.  So welcome to The Cinema Sentinel on FTW!

Just when I thought the Harry Potter book/movie series would be the last of fun fantasy stories on film, there is a new author in movie town according to /Film's blog.  Fox has won film rights for British author Catherine Fisher's book "Incarceron," currently in the New York Times children's bestseller list.
Here's a brief synopsis found on Fisher's official website:
Imagine a living prison so vast that it contains corridors and forests, cities and seas. Imagine a prisoner with no memory, who is sure he came from Outside, even though the prison has been sealed for centuries and only one man, half real, half legend, has ever escaped. 
Imagine a girl in a manor house in a society where time has been forbidden, where everyone is held in a seventeenth century world run by computers, doomed to an arranged marriage that appals her, tangled in an assassination plot she both dreads and desires. 
One inside, one outside
But both imprisoned.
Imagine a war that has hollowed the moon, seven skullrings that contain souls, a flying ship and a wall at the world's end.
Imagine the unimaginable.
Imagine Incarceron.
This story could be great film potential if they get the screenplay right.  I can see Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy) directing this film or even current Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows director, David Yates. I guess I'll just stew on that for now.  As far as character casting goes I'll definitely have to read this book and the sequel, "Sapphique."

If you like movies and want to know what's going on behind the scenes, definitely subscribe to /Film's blog.  I've been a fan for almost two years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment